Thursday 9 April 2015

Create Your Own Art Movie






Trisha Voisin
What Happens Next: Art Movie
The Video's That I Used Are: Metropolis, Deadmen Don't Wear Plaid, Black Beauty, Flame, and Television Static.
The Music/Sounds That I Used Are: X Ray Dog (Dethroned), and Television Static.
Tuesday April 7, 2015

TECHNICAL
New technical steps and developments that I used in my work on the art movie are:
1) I muted the sound for the flame, horse, and for the Deadmen Don't Wear Plaid video's that I used and add a song and television static instead.
2) I added a flame video to the videos as an overlay so give the videos a new look and a suspense feeling.

IDEA OR CONCEPT
At the beginning my plans for my movie were: The thermometer starting to go up (from, Metropolis), the detective going walking into the station (from, Deadmen Don't wear Plaid), the thermometer going up still (from, Metropolis), the guy looking at the detective over his newspaper (from, Deadmen Don't wear Plaid), horse rearing, detective looking behind him to look at the guy looking at him as the he looks back at the newspaper (from, Deadmen Don't wear Plaid), horse running off into the distance (maybe in the dessert if possible), the detective looking out the train window (from, Deadmen Don't wear Plaid), and the thermometer goes up fully (from, Metropolis).

In the end many of my ideas had changed. Four examples of how my ideas ended up changing in the end are: 1) I ended up putting the two video's of the guy looking at the detective over his newspaper (from, Deadmen Don't wear Plaid), and detective looking behind him to look at the guy looking at him as the he looks back at the newspaper (from, Deadmen Don't wear Plaid) together.
2) I ended up adding a flame video to all of my video to give it more suspense.
3) I ended up adding 3 video's from the movie 'Black Beauty' of Ginger and Beauty running off onto the distance (the first of Beauty, then Ginger, and then of the both of them). Also, i ended up 2 video's from the movie 'Black Beauty' of a horse rearing up (the first of Beauty and then Ginger).
4)  Instead of having the thermometer appearing only 3 times i had it appear 4 times.

INFLUENCES
No, there was no artist that influenced my project, when I was working on it.

COMPOSITION
When the flames move around the video your eyes follow it, causing your eyes to move around to see the rest of the video.

MOTIVATION
Beyond fulfilling the requirements for this assignment, my personal motivation for this work was that i have always wanted to learn how to make video's when using clips from other peoples movies. Also, when i was working on this assignment i was able to get my creative mind that made me want to work on art related things at home and at school (all the time).

CRITICAL ASSESSMENT
The element that I find that are the most interesting and successful is the way that the flames changed the coloring and in general look of each movie clip.
What I found that surprised me the most was how well the horses were able to blend in with the rest of the clips. Also, I was really surprised how well the music makes your adrenaline pump and makes your mind wonder what is going to happen.
With additional time I don't think I would really change anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment